Pitch-In Hamilton!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Join in Canada's Pitch-in Week
April 21 - 27, 2008
Gather some neighbours. Bring a group of friends. Get your team mates together. Organize your club members, church congregation, neighbourhood association. Together let's Pitch-In Hamilton!
Would you like to beautify your community and help the environment? Then gather a group to 'pitch-in' and organize a clean up of visible litter in your neighbourhood. Now is the time to make plans. You will be joining over a million volunteers across Canada who will be participating in this year's Pitch-In Canada Week taking place April 21st - 27th.
Participating in Pitch-in Week is easy. To organize an event, you first need to choose an area you want to clean up - your neighbourhood or nearby park, neighbourhood green space or urban lot - whatever space you feel could use a litter clean-up. Call some friends or neighbours together to help and pick a date to do your litter clean-up.
Be sure to register your clean up event with the Clean City Liaison Committee's Pitch-In Hamilton event
• Register on-line at www.hamilton.ca/cleancity, or:
• Call 905 546-CITY (2489) between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Hamilton's Clean City Liaison Committee has a limited supply of special garbage bags, recycling bags and work gloves for participants so be sure to register by Tuesday, April 8 at 4:00 p.m.
Once you've done your litter clean-up, place your Pitch-in Canada bags at the curb on your regular collection day. And remember that a lot of litter is recyclable, so place recyclable containers in your Blue Box or in a clear plastic bag at the curbside. You'll be helping our environment and saving our landfill!
Finally, e-mail or call us back to let us know how successful your event was. We want Canada to know how much we care about our environment and our city when we all Pitch-In Hamilton!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Pitch-in Canada Annual Spring Clean-up

From the March 2008 Beach Banner
If anyone is interested in participating in a Community Spring Clean-up this year, we would like to hear from you. Co-Chair of the Hamilton Clean City Liaison Committee, Ron Speranzini, has taken it upon himself to organize our clean-up. Although, he is not a resident he loves our community and sees the greatness in where we live. The City of Hamilton will provide us with gloves and garbage bags for all volunteers.
Our clean-up would be focused on the beach-strip and the beach itself. For those of us who do not live near the lift-bridge, the parks employees do not rake and clean the beach like they do at that end.
We have a beautiful beach in our neighborhood and we should work together to keep it clean and clear of debris so that we may enjoy it and the first step is by taking pride in our community.
The PITCH-IN CANADA cleanup week is scheduled for April 21—27th,2008. A scheduled date for our event will be posted in the April banner, (tentatively set for April 27th,2008)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
If you haven't seen it, there is a new sign at the north end of the Beach telling us we can pick up our Pitch-In week supplies at the Rescue Unit.

Date: April 26th, 2008
Time: 10am to 1pm

Beach Rescue Unit
316 beach Blvd.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
The sign looks GREAT, we are having our store Grande opening that day so I will try to grab some bags and do my share later in the afternoon or Sunday.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
what grand opening - is this a business on the beach?
I wish my friend, but no it under Beach Business and it is tittled Dual Sport Plus

If you ride or dream of a motor cycle you will be interested,lol

Thanks for asking, hope you have plans to help pitch in and clean up,

We will be doing our bit on Sunday. :tbu:

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Hey are there any bags left or can we just use our own, I went down
but Rescue hall but the bags were not there yet, still plenty of garbage to collect.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hey are there any bags left or can we just use our own, I went down
but Rescue hall but the bags were not there yet, still plenty of garbage to collect.
There are no yellow bags left.
You should really use the yellow Pitch In bags, then it is known how many were used for the clean up. As you know, we are only allowed three regular bags at the curb.
If you only put one bag out anyway, it would help if you used a couple of regular bags.
Every little bit helps.

Top Bottom