red barn

jayc

May 15, 2009
Hi all,Does anyone remember the Red Barn,on the old Beach Road,Julians Supertest was next door. The Red Barn was an eating establishment.I have always wondered how the old water works got its coal for its steam engines.It opened around 1863,but the rail spur line into it didnt get put in till around 1890,I used to walk those tracks,to go fishing,and play hockey. I can just picture all the buck boards all coal laden,trotting down Woodward,or Beach Road. jayc

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi all,Does anyone remember the Red Barn,on the old Beach Road,Julians Supertest was next door. The Red Barn was an eating establishment.I have always wondered how the old water works got its coal for its steam engines.It opened around 1863,but the rail spur line into it didnt get put in till around 1890,I used to walk those tracks,to go fishing,and play hockey. I can just picture all the buck boards all coal laden,trotting down Woodward,or Beach Road. jayc
That would be far behind my time and I don't recall ever seeing an old picture of it. I believe there use to be a Supertest on the Burlington side of the strip.

jayc

May 15, 2009
Hi all,The Supertest station I am talking about was on the old Beach Rd.(now Leaside Rd.) right where Tate Ave.and Beach Rd met.The Red Barn was right beside it. It belonged to an Italian fellow, He has since moved the station to Stoney Creek,Barton St. I think. jayc

David O'Reilly

Dec 15, 2012
jayc
"Hi all,Does anyone remember the Red Barn,on the old Beach Road,Julians Supertest was next door. The Red Barn was an eating establishment."

Hi Jayc, was the 'Red Barn' a burger Joint? I never lived on the beach, but I'm sure that there was a ... well, 'burger Joint chane' called 'Red Barn' in the 1960's /70's.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
There was a Red Barn on the corner of Walter and Queenston.

There is a pic of it in this slideshow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom