RSS Feed for Forums

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
First of all, hello to everyone. My wife and I moved to the Beach a couple of weeks ago and are looking forward in getting more involved in the community.

Might I make a suggestion for this forum? I tend to track updates to websites by subscribing to their RSS feeds in Google Reader. This is supported by vBulletin, but isn't turned on by default.

To turn it on,

1. Login as admin to the forum and Click on vBulletin Options
  2. Select External Data Provider > Click on Edit settings button
  3. Turn on ‘Enable RSS Syndication’, ‘Enable XML Syndication’ (Select Yes)
  4. Click on Save button to save the changes.
  5. You can now view the RSS feed at http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/external.php
  6. For RSS2 go to http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/external.php?type=RSS2

This will allow people who use RSS readers to get updates whenever new topics are posted to the forum instead of checking back every day to see what's new.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
rprouse; Welcome to the Beach and thank you for joining the Forum. I will have a look in the Admin section and check to see if RSS reader is turned on. I do know that once you post in any topic, you are now "subscribed" and will get a reminder e-mail of any further posts.
Thanks again; Scotto.

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
Thanks Scotto. The email updates are nice, but they are only practical for threads that I have posted to. Google Reader allows me to subscribe to everything that people post so that I don't miss any topics that I might be interested in :D

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
The RSS feed works great, thanks! The RSS icon now appears in the titlebar of Firefox and the toolbar of IE. I have subscribed in Google Reader and won't miss a post now. :tbu:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Seems to work very well, but I will have to get a couple of my other Sites to turn on the RSS feed as well. I assume when they don't subscribe, that is the problem?

Top Bottom