Skyway Closed Tonight.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Sent in by Councillor Collins.

Effective 10PM on Friday, November 30 to 10AM on Saturday, December 1, 2007 the Niagara Bound Burlington Skyway lanes will be fully closed and as a result Lakeshore Road immediately under the bridge will also be closed. (Rain Date is 8PM on Saturday, December 1 to 8AM on Sunday, December 2, 2007).

Notice #65 will be issued today.

Route 11 - PARKDALE Northbound (trips servicing the CCIW ONLY) will detour as follows:

From Eastport Drive and Lakeshore Road (the first traffic signals past the canal), right (east & north) on Lakeshore and resume regular routing.

Route 11 - PARKDALE Southbound will detour as follows:

From Lakeshore Road and Maple Avenue (traffic signals), continue west on North Shore Boulevard, Left (south) on Eastport Drive, Keep right to continue south on Eastport Drive to traffic signals at Lakeshore Road (CCIW Entrance) - For trips servicing CCIW turn Right (west) into CCIW; - For trips not servicing CCIW continue south on Eastport and resume regular routing.

Given vehicle traffic will also be detoured via Eastport EXPECT SIGNIFICANT DELAYS.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Last night's closure was postponed over to tonight, starting at 7pm the Skyway will be closed and all traffic will diverted to Eastport Drive and the Lift bridge.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I wasn't too bad for traffic, not until a couple of ships wanted through and the bridge went up. That must of been when you were coming back.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Just to let everyone know, there are two more weekends scheduled for more repairs. I will keep you posted on the dates when I get them.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The next closure for the Skyway is set for tomorrow night (Saturday 7th) from 7pm to 5am. Next weekend is at this time tentative on the weather report. The 14th or the 15th should be the last one for this round of repairs.

Top Bottom