Steel Beach or Stolen Beach?

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
It's day three and I haven't seen a comment on the series in the Spec. It's possible I'm the only one ticked?? Today I was treated to 8 inches of print on a sweaty nurse on rollerblades who drives an '86 Acadian with 82,000 clicks. HELLO!!!! And I'm not going an farther than that!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Sorry But I haven't been commenting on much lately, I do see that I missed a comment from Roberta, don't know how that happened.
8 inches of print, what does that mean???

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Eight inches of typed words in a column. Sorry not impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Eight inches of typed words in a column. Sorry not impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Was that the weekend article (I didn't see that one) or do you mean the one from today? There were a couple of pages in today's paper.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Was that the weekend article (I didn't see that one) or do you mean the one from today? There were a couple of pages in today's paper.

It was todays. Doesn't help that he also decided to name some of the "first" white settlers and named one of my Corey relatives only he named Lewis who was born in 1882 and was the great grandson of the first Corey. I'm really into research and if he hadn't made such a point of all the research he's done I might overlook it but don't tell me you did your job and then goof by 100 years. I'm not having a good day on this subject. Sorry. He's really ticked me off. He used the teaser of fisherman, hunters and smugglers for todays article. He did two lines on fishermen, no mention of hunters and smugglers never came up. Just a lot of bull and nothing to back it up. I'm quite willing to concede my relatives seem to be some of the most infamous of the Beach. The James Gang of sand so to speak. Read Thompson's diaries. If anything happened on the Beach they arrested a Corey. That was a gimme. It's actually funny reading. Arrest and usually let go but all were satisfied because they were arrested. They were shot at while stonehooking off the Beach. The writer of the articles got two pages of paper a day. He's off on some fairy tale planet pretending he knows anything about the Beach. In all the reading I've done I've never heard people from the Beach called "marsh dwellers". Maybe they were. His "joke" about competing with the Las Vegas Strip wasn't funny either.

lighthouse kid

Mar 6, 2007
1155 Beach Blvd - 1962-1972
I was trying to find this series of "Steel Beach" articles in the Spec on line but could only see the video clips.

Are the articles on line in the Spec?

If so, could someone send me a link to read these stories in the Spec on line.

-thanks

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Drogo; I take it you didn't like the article?? There is still time, perhaps he will find some better history. I know a lot of his history came from some the residents, but from the beginning of the Beach, I don't know. Some could of came from our cranky librarian who thinks she knows it all. Anyway, try and have a better day.:beer:

lighthouse kid; Yes these articles are only in print, from what I see anyway. PM your address and I will send them to you. I only have yesterday and today's paper.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Scotto

Now you had to have caught todays goof. You live by the water. First line. Something about driving along the COAST and turning on to the Beach. Coast is saltwater. Shore is freshwater.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Drogo; I read right past that one, but now that you mention it, yes that would be the shoreline. And we are all marshdwellers, I have been called worst.
Atleast they took the time to put me in the article, just thinking about myself.:2peace:

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Drogo; I read right past that one, but now that you mention it, yes that would be the shoreline. And we are all marshdwellers, I have been called worst.
Atleast they took the time to put me in the article, just thinking about myself.

OK Scotto
Mr. "push the button and the bridge goes up". It's OK----just think about yourself. LOL

See I might miss grammar errors or spelling errors but something like that hits me between the eyes like a baseball bat.

Top Bottom