That smell down here

rosborne

Oct 1, 2004
Thats some terrible smell down here the last couple of days. Don't get me wrong, I grew up in the city next to the steel mills in the Ottawa St. area, but this particular smell isn't a steel mill, it smells more like the city dump.

I asked my neighbor and he says its from some kinda tire recycling factory over on Eastport, is this right?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
rosborne said:
Thats some terrible smell down here the last couple of days. Don't get me wrong, I grew up in the city next to the steel mills in the Ottawa St. area, but this particular smell isn't a steel mill, it smells more like the city dump.

I asked my neighbor and he says its from some kinda tire recycling factory over on Eastport, is this right?
That would be our new asphalt plant that was suppoesed to have zero emissions, I could only smell it today. If this happens again, PLEASE call the Ministry of the Environment and let them know-(905) 521-7650
Thanks Scotto

rosborne

Oct 1, 2004
How long has this been going on down here Scotto? Like I said, growing up around the steel mills I'm no newbie to the side effects of heavy industry but that stink is offensive (or maybe just new and I'll get used to it) but I will call the MOE tomorrow.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I would be guessing, but I have say around the beginning of the year, the problem slowed some after the fire in July, but looks like they are back at it. :mad: You shouldn't have to get use to it, please call.
Thanks again Scotto

Top Bottom