The Best Excuse-True Story

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
May 02, 2010
The Canadian Press
A towel, or even a good hair blower might have been better options for this driver in London, Ont.

Police say an officer operating a radar gun clocked a car going 107 kilometres an hour in a 50 kilometre an hour zone.

Traffic Sergeant Tom O’Brien says the man told the officer he was going fast because he just washed the vehicle and he wanted to dry it off.

The driver was ticketed for racing in the incident Saturday — a penalty that packs a $2,000 fine if convicted.

The car was also impounded for seven days, at the owner’s expense.

O’Brien jokes that the car should be dry by then. :laugh3:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
May 02, 2010
The Canadian Press
A towel, or even a good hair blower might have been better options for this driver in London, Ont.

Police say an officer operating a radar gun clocked a car going 107 kilometres an hour in a 50 kilometre an hour zone.

Traffic Sergeant Tom O’Brien says the man told the officer he was going fast because he just washed the vehicle and he wanted to dry it off.

The driver was ticketed for racing in the incident Saturday — a penalty that packs a $2,000 fine if convicted.

The car was also impounded for seven days, at the owner’s expense.

O’Brien jokes that the car should be dry by then. :laugh3:
Bet his last name wasn't Jaffer....

Nov 26, 2006
Brantford
Wow 107 in a 50 damm, now funny if you say 157 in a 100 it doesnt sound so bad, still I dont like the 'street racing' legislation this guy was an idiot but suspended license, vehical impound, and a court date for speeding, and if the person is found not guilty in a court of law, guess what they still are on the hook for the towing and impound.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I had a friend that was really bad for speeding and was caught a few times. He was the type to pull out a map to try and choose a direction where there wouldn't be as many cops around. Now isn't that just plain stupidity of having the mindset of speeding even before he gets behind the wheel. So needless to say his car insurance is very high. He kept bugging me to add him as a second driver on my policy cause he couldn't afford the amount. Over my dead body I was going to do that. In my eyes he got what he asked for. It would have been different if he accidently sped a little over the limit, as I'm sure we have all done that. I know I have without realizing it.

And I was laughing at his excuse, not his actions. That is being a total idiot going that much in a 50k.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was in Windsor a few years ago for some hockey with my friends, I needed to come back for the night and borrowed my friends brand new Chrysler 300. It was late and no one on the road, everytime I looked down at the spedometer, I was doing 160 without even noticing how fast I was going. The car felt like it going much slower.

Nov 26, 2006
Brantford
I was in Windsor a few years ago for some hockey with my friends, I needed to come back for the night and borrowed my friends brand new Chrysler 300. It was late and no one on the road, every time I looked down at the speedometer, I was doing 160 without even noticing how fast I was going. The car felt like it going much slower.
reminds me of my old GSXR 180 felt like nothing youd look down and say damm and slow up , 300 on the other hand that was scary fast, but the crown vics are governed at 240 and the chargers 220

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Yea I have had cars like that too when is seems you were going as slow as snails but weren't.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
reminds me of my old GSXR 180 felt like nothing youd look down and say damm and slow up , 300 on the other hand that was scary fast, but the crown vics are governed at 240 and the chargers 220
At the time I was driving a Suzuki Sidekick, when you were doing 60, it felt like a 100. Then drive a brand new 300. You really have to watch your speed on the highway now, tough way to lose your car.

Top Bottom