The Caretaker at Bell Cairn

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Does anyone remember the caretaker at Bell Cairn school?

For those who do, sadly he passed in Sept/08 of cancer.

A very generous and caring man he was. A good man who died too young.

ROGERS, Bert With his wife Shirley and son Jeff by his side, Bert peacefully passed away after a courageous battle with cancer, at West Haldimand General Hospital, Hagersville, on September 21, 2008, in his 68th year. Beloved and devoted husband of Shirley for 48 years; loving father of Jeffery (Candace) and Berton "Butch" (Patricia); cherished grandfather of Indiana, Roger, Mark Cresswell (Marla), and Ashleigh Cresswell and her partner; great-grandfather of Sawyer and Jane Cresswell. Bert will be sadly missed by brothers and sisters-in-law Marilyn and Paul O'Neill and Joannie and Dennis Martin, Mary Havens and many nieces and nephews; survived by sisters Ellen Earle and Rose Wheeler and brother Harold Rogers. Bert was employed by the Hamilton Board of Education for 31 years and was active in Boy Scouts Canada for many years. He was a Freemason at Hiram Lodge #319 and a member of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 164. Bert will be missed by his many friends and remembered for his kindness and willingness to help one and all. At his request, cremation has taken place. A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, October 4th at the Royal Canadian Legion, 5 Alma St. North, Hagersville, ON from one to four p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Juravinski Cancer Clinic, 699 Concession St., Hamilton, ON L8V 5C2 in Bert's memory. "Honey, you will always be my best friend, my partner and my one true love, in my heart forever "Tiamo". May God embrace you and grant you eternal peace and joy. You are much loved by all those who are left behind to mourn."

Last edited:
Top Bottom