Ticks

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Anyone else having problems with ticks this year? I found one on my dog the other day. This is the first time any of my dogs have had one. So this is the first time I had ever seen a tick. When I pulled it off of her I noticed it took a bit of her skin with it. I hope it heals up ok for her. I have a lot of weeds behind my shed and wouldn't doubt she got it there.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Anyone else having problems with ticks this year? I found one on my dog the other day. This is the first time any of my dogs have had one. So this is the first time I had ever seen a tick. When I pulled it off of her I noticed it took a bit of her skin with it. I hope it heals up ok for her. I have a lot of weeds behind my shed and wouldn't doubt she got it there.
The more we see dear around the better chance of ticks being around, I have never seen a tick. Hope your dog doesn't get sick from the tick.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I read up earlier on the ticks. And the dog tick isn't a carrier of lyme disease like the deer tick is.

So far no change in her habits. She's eating and drinkng fine. Still running around with the dogs next door. So that is a good sign. She is due for her yearly anytime now. So I will mention it to the vet soon. Hopefully next week I can get her in.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
I read up earlier on the ticks. And the dog tick isn't a carrier of lyme disease like the deer tick is.

So far no change in her habits. She's eating and drinkng fine. Still running around with the dogs next door. So that is a good sign. She is due for her yearly anytime now. So I will mention it to the vet soon. Hopefully next week I can get her in.

FYI
I was at Briarwood Animal clinic and they have a special tool to take the tick off, think it was $5.00ish range. This emimates the tearing of the skin.
They are located at 76 King E in Stoney Creek.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Thanks Waterlily. :)

I wonder if they sell them at pet food stores too? I have to take her to the store later today to get her nails cut.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I didnt get a chance to go to the pet store the other day. I am hoping to go tomorrow. I think she has another one on her right hind area. And this time she will not let me look at it. She was no trouble removing the one on her snout the other day.

I looked on the net to see what tools looked like. They do look easier to remove the ticks with that tool.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I just did some more searching about ticks. I have used this with fleas and worked great. And this also good for ticks too. I have used both kinds, one bought at the vets and off the counter bought at pet stores. I didn't see much difference other then the price. This is the stuff you squirt between their shoulder blades.

Zodiac® Power Spot® For Dogs Under 14 kg (30 lbs.)
& Zodiac® Power Spot® For Dogs Over 14 kg (30 lbs.)
Kills adult fleas and ticks for 3 weeks or more
Kills flea eggs for 4 weeks
Provides relief from flea infestation - flea eggs die before they drop off the dog
Easy to use- no mess, no unpleasant odour
Spreads completely over the coat, through dog's natural movements
Long term protection- 3 months supply per package
For puppies and dogs, 6 months of age or older
This formulation is intended for use on dogs only. DO NOT USE ON CATS.

Top Bottom