Tugs, Workboats and more......

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I found this pic on a slideshow and was wondering when it came through here. That is obviously our bridge. And do you know any other info on the ship Scotto?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I found this pic on a slideshow and was wondering when it came through here. That is obviously our bridge. And do you know any other info on the ship Scotto?
That would be the HMCS Terra Nova and it hasn't been around here in many years, I will have to look through my old pictures as this would been here during the film camera years.
Where is the picture from?

Terra Nova was decommissioned on July 11, 1997. After being paid off Terra Nova appeared, cast as an American destroyer, in the movie K-19: The Widowmaker.Read more;
http://www.forposterityssake.ca/Navy/HMCS_TERRA_NOVA_259.htm

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I think I loaded the link on here a while ago but I think it got lost in the last hack since I am not finding it on here now. I tried looking for it on youtube as well as online but no luck yet.

I also tried to load it on my photobucket so I could load it on here. Again no luck GRR.

Here is the file name

Canadian Navy 100 Year Tribute

It's an flv file.

That was longer ago it came then I would have thought.

So did you send that pic for them to use on this video? As it is the exact photo.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The Simmonds was the old RCMP vessel used for many years and recently sold, came through the piers on November 10th on it's way to Port Dalhousie.

From 2005;

Marilyn Bell 1

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Top Bottom