Vandelism

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
I too know of this , Bad thoughtless people.
I always made Halloween a special time for kinds and only gave good stuff, One year I had the bracket and mirror broken on my trailer, the wipers on my car were broken, the mirrors on the car were smashed and scratches galore.

Since that time we have no Halloween here. The kids have lost out.

Rae

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It is a pain when people don't think of the work residents put to their properties to make them look nice, but I think we are better off down here on the Beach as compared to other parts of the City.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Hi Jude and all,

Nice to meet you neighbour :) Could definitely be bunnies - I don't know if they're fans of euonymus bushes but who knows. Maybe they're tasty to bunnies. They definitely did a number on my parsley, basil and peas. Little buggers.

You're so right Scotto, we're definitely better off down here. I used to live closer to central hamilton and you couldn't leave *anything* outside. Not even your recycling box on the porch or it would be gone the next morning. I'll take a couple missing plants over living in a neighbourhood like that again any day!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
My brother in law from the north end, left his groceries in his car while he visited his mother. The lock on one door didn't work and when he came back a short time later, all his groceries were gone.
I left my van in same spot for just one night and someone tried to steal it.
You are right, you have to lock up everything in the City or it's gone.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Welp, it wasn't bunnies. I caught my plant stealer red-handed last night. Plant in hand no less (it was a foxglove this time). Well, my boyfriend caught her and came in and woke me up. It's a woman who walks her dogs past my house pretty much every night - she usually walks them pretty late at night (12 - 2 am) and let's them crap on my lawn no less (which has always bugged me but I never had the nerve to say anything).

I was all groggy since I was sleeping, but I went outside and started asking her what she was thinking - she apologized profusely and just kept saying sorry while I told her how she was violating my property and how it's no better than any other kind of stealing. Hopefully the confrontation and being caught in the act is enough of a deterrent to keep her from doing it again in the future.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I guess we will have to start putting alarms on our gardens.:mad:
Did you go over to her house and see what she had planted and take back what belonged to you??
And see if she has smr's garden lights.
What a waste of our air, for what it cost, buy your own #@$*# plants!

Also, if you see her not cleaning up after her dog on your or anyone else's property, call the SPCA.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Haha - no, but I should have. After I told her to get off my property and never step foot on it again or I'd call the police I watched where she went, so I have a pretty good idea of where she lives - maybe I'll go check it out. I wouldn't be surprised if there are all sorts of lights and beautiful plants and garden statues and whatnot there.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Will do. Such a pity too - thing is, if someone came up to me and said, "I really like that hosta, would you mind if I had a piece?" I'd divide up my plant and give someone part of it. Part of the fun of perennials is trading - my friends and family regularly raid each other's gardens for new plants :)

Jude

Apr 4, 2004
Beach strip
Hey Donka! What does her dog look like? Like to be able to keep an eye on her also. I can't believe that! The nerve of some people. If you ever need hostas, please let me know. My mom has thousands in her yard, I swear! Just lives down the street too. And I think you know my bro too. Jimbo. ;) My puppy likes to sit on my balcony and watch you tend to your garden. But I promise, if she poops on your lawn, I will pick it up lol.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
No kidding! I heard Jimbo's sister lived in that building, but I wasn't sure which person you were...say hello some time! And if you want any plants, ask away :) I've been to your Mom's place quite a few times back in the day - she has a great garden! I haven't seen or heard from Jimmie in ages though - how the heck is he doing nowadays? If he's ever at your place tell him to pop in for a visit =)

As for the lady, she usually has two little dogs with her - one is small and white, and the other is small and white with brown markings and sort of long hair. Sometimes she has just one dog on her walk (like last night), but usually 2, and I've never seen them on leash. The woman herself is a brunette and pretty short, maybe 50? She usually walks to the fence in between our properties or just past and turns around (coming from the direction of the store), and it's always late at night. I'm curious to see if she'll keep walking down this way now though.

Jude

Apr 4, 2004
Beach strip
Jimmy is doing well. Has an apartment in burlington now. Has gained about 50 lbs from quitting smoking. He is actually fat now lol. Can u believe that?? I will say hi next time I see you out there.

I know exactly who she is now. And I know where she lives. Wouldnt mind checking her yard one day to see if I see the items my mom has had gone missing and my neighbour had her solar light stolen last year too. We also had 2 hostas stolen out of our garden this yr. That is brutal. The nerve of some poeple!

lillibell

Jul 14, 2006
beach strip
the plant stealer is at it again! i had a plant taken from my garden on friday sometime. not sure if it is the same person. but they have real nerve, the garden is right infront of my bedroom window.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The Beach Strip's most wanted is a plant stealer.:rolleyes:
lillibell, you don't need to post your exact address, but are you near the 800s as I believe that is where Jude and Donka are from. Maybe our garden thief has just moved her dog walk to another direction??

lillibell

Jul 14, 2006
beach strip
I am right in that area. near the high 800's. I will have to keep a better eye on things. were having enough problems with the young adults in our area never mind having to deal with an adult who seems to be a compulsive plant stealer.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I am in the 700s -- the garden lights that went at our place were on the water side of the property.
So are close to the 800s and someone walking on the Path helped themselves to your lights, could of been our plant person but maybe not. Hopefully we will get see her garden one day.
Must be nice.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Holy crap. Another one on Friday? Okay, so either she's a kleptomaniac, or we've got more than one. I really thought all the threatening to call the cops and whatnot would have been enough. Un-freaking-believable. Really. I'm speechless. Guess I'll pull a few late nights and go on watch again.

And Jude, Jimmy's actually gained weight? No way! I can't picture him as anything other than super super skinny. Man, it really has been a while I guess.

Top Bottom