Vehicle Break-Ins

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This was sent in by one of our residents

I'm a new resident on the beach strip at Dynes Park. Recently we had a vehicle break in/theft as have a few other residents in the 200-500 Beach Blvd area.
This was confirmed on reporting our incident to the police and after speaking with several other residents.
To my surprise not a single thing has been posted on their website (criminal incidents in our area) to alert the residents of this activity.

Would it be possible to alert residents by starting a post on this forum. Perhaps even list items lost so others can keep an eye out. Plus raise awareness so we can all look out for one and other.
We have installed motion lights now as a deterrent....other suggestions? etc
Has there been progress in catching these individuals? Kids? or is this a organized crowd?

Also I lost four 1kg tins of Quality Street Chocolates (for my business accounts - Xmas) plus Prada sunglasses white arms and a Square brown faced Tissot Watch (in my car to a get battery replaced - lousy timing lol).

I have also spoken with Chad Collins about these goings on plus lack of police notification and to perhaps highlight your forum in an upcoming newsletter to get some dialogue going on local issues like this in the future.
If the good honest folk of the neighborhood band together and talk it may help weed out this criminal element and force them to go elsewhere.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This would cost a bit but might be worth the money. Perhaps split the cost with the neighbours.

Could attach it to a car's visor.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/hd+hidden+camera+pen.do
But what is there to stop them from stealing the camera pen as well?

What is needed is infrared cameras installed in or on houses that can capture the whole area around the vehicles.
As I wrote back to this resident, my vehicle was ransacked as well, we a camera on the house next door but it wasn't for night time and all we got was a grainy shot of someone in our car at 4am.
I just missed them when I was coming home from work at 4:15am.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
If they think it's just a reg pen they might not take it. It sounds like they are after thiings worth money.

I'll look some more online to see what else I can come up with.

Top Bottom