Weather on Sunday!!

monzee65

Aug 24, 2007
Was anyone around during that outburst of hail and lightning yesterday afternoon??!!I had to pull over in to a lot between Confederation Park and Hutch's as the hail came pounding down.It seemed too dangerous to continue drivingThe roads were flooded and hard to pass thru.I always love to travel the beach strip if I am coming back from Niagara Falls heading home to Kitchener to try and relive old memories of my Grandparents cottage house on the Burlington side.I stopped in to a park area where there is a public washroom with an overhang roof picnic table area.There was a sign there depicting the old amusement park that was in that area.That must have been the first time for me there since the early 70's when I was a young kid.Did I read the sign right that the amusement park was right at that location??I do remember the pony ride and the octopus etc.
Then I proceeded down to the beach area and dipped my foot in as a tradition I started years ago to connect with my past and the lake I so wonderfully remember!!(except of course when all the dead fish washed up on shore for a couple of summers during the early 70's--very gross as I recall!!!)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was trying to get some pictures at the bike show on Arden Ave, very wet day and I was at home by the time the hail started.
The section of road in front of the Dynes property always floods the road anytime we get some major rain, so you had to of drove around that.
The amusement park use to be across from that shelter on the other side of the blvd, the pony ride and the lil' boats would of been directly across from where you were sitting.

And yes, I don't miss all the dead fish(three to five feet thick) on the shore.

Top Bottom