What Idiot Would do This?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I drove past the south end of the Beach today and noticed that someone had spray painted the statues (Pebbles on the Beach) that are located beside the Hamilton Trail.

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
Someone on cheap drugs or some people with the amusement levels of a 2 year old--No wait-- I take it back--even a 2 year old wouldn't do something that stupid or senseless!!
We better clean it up fast --or the idiots might have set a precedent for the rest of the beach!!
I have an idea though--why don't they do something useful and spray the hydro towers-----like -right up there where those lines are and they can even hold onto the lines while they are spraying----nah they are too gutless for that lol )

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It's not the first time and if that small section of the Path has been vandalized, I bet there are others. Councillor Collins is having it clean up as soon as possible.

trax_26

Feb 28, 2004
www.ticats.ca
In my opinion it's because the youth of today does not have the same values in which we were raised with, without a doubt..... has anyone else noticed that there is less for our kids "to do" than there was for our generation "to do"? There use to be so much going on in our communities to do when we were younger than there is now.... Due to economical strains placed in funding, activities, and social groups volunteer's kids have nothing "TO DO". This does not make it acceptable, or make an excuse for those responsible, as it surely is disturbing that today's youth/young adults are not held at the same expectation as we were..... although as parents is it not our responsibility to ensure that they know and respect the difference between right from wrong... providing them with the tools and knowledge of knowing and accepting the two???? Those responsible should feel shame, and dishonor to their fellow neighbors in the community and seek activities that will keep them from doing stupid stunts such as this when bored.....

Nov 26, 2006
Brantford
people just have no respect these days and If it was youth they know that nothing will be done to them legally, but I see more and more 20 somethings with this type of behavior

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I assume this was the same situation? If so it looks like the culprit was caught. This is from this week's police blotter link on the spec site.

Beach Blvd and Fletcher
June 20 - A resident heard the sound of spray paint at 2 a.m. and called police. Patrol located a group of individuals, ages ranging from 14 to 20, and a fresh tag on the Skyway Park pathway. One male, 18, of no fixed address, was charged with mischief under $5,000. Police say he was the only one with matching wet paint on his hands.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I assume this was the same situation? If so it looks like the culprit was caught. This is from this week's police blotter link on the spec site.

Beach Blvd and Fletcher
June 20 - A resident heard the sound of spray paint at 2 a.m. and called police. Patrol located a group of individuals, ages ranging from 14 to 20, and a fresh tag on the Skyway Park pathway. One male, 18, of no fixed address, was charged with mischief under $5,000. Police say he was the only one with matching wet paint on his hands.
One male 18, hardly a child looking for something to do. Another in today's Spec from the North End-
Police released a description of a person of interest last night. Webber said the force is hunting a white male between the ages of 35 to 45 years old, 5-foot-6 inches tall with brown hair and a medium build and wearing glasses.
http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/794476
Just as Porky wrote, look how old that moron is.

In my opinion it's because the youth of today does not have the same values in which we were raised with, without a doubt..... has anyone else noticed that there is less for our kids "to do" than there was for our generation "to do"? There use to be so much going on in our communities to do when we were younger than there is now.... Due to economical strains placed in funding, activities, and social groups volunteer's kids have nothing "TO DO".
But, there are still some things out there to do, there are soccer and baseball leagues all through the city, except for T-ball there just isn't much on the Beach. There is hockey, but yes I fully agree, it has gotten far too expensive. Do people spend too much on video games? I guess a couple cans of spray paint is cheaper.

varsr

Aug 18, 2007
that was quick reaction - I went passed today and was so surprised - a big thank you to those who took care of this - and to the alert resident who heard something and called police.

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
WOW ! :) That is great news :) and was taken care of super fast!!! I am surprised!!
Good job as well :) I love the pic--can I use it for my desktop???
Now if they could just clean up the beach.... wouldn't that be fabulous??? :)

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
I drove past the south end of the Beach today and noticed that someone had spray painted the statues (Pebbles on the Beach) that are located beside the Hamilton Trail.
OMG! I had no idea this even happened! it really pisses me off when i see grafitti all over my neighbourhood. I wish i could catch the SOB's.
Fast work on the city for cleaning it up.
I have the anti-grafitti phone # in my cell phone (just in case) to report any sightings.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
OMG! I had no idea this even happened! it really pisses me off when i see grafitti all over my neighbourhood. I wish i could catch the SOB's.
Fast work on the city for cleaning it up.
I have the anti-grafitti phone # in my cell phone (just in case) to report any sightings.
Please post the number......

Top Bottom