What Will Be Effected With the HST

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
"Did You Know?
93 per cent of all homes sold in Ontario, on average, will not be subject to an additional tax amount under HST."

Yet heat, hydro, internet and gas will be going up?

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I had a recent notice from cogeco saying the rates are going to increase too. And this isn't from the HST increase.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
"Did You Know?
93 per cent of all homes sold in Ontario, on average, will not be subject to an additional tax amount under HST."

Yet heat, hydro, internet and gas will be going up?
Yea sure is weird how they are doing the increases of the HST.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Mine won't be that much since I don't use my car all that much. I fill my car about every 6 weeks and costs about $35 per fill.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
An email I received today....

Hey Friends,

Please, please sign this HST Petition as soon as you can. Then, send it to everyone you know. Now is not the time to be complacent. If we all get behind this and do our part we can affect change and send a very powerful message to the Premier of Ontario.
They've raised the roof out in B.C. and for the life of me I can't understand why they aren't reacting here. At least B.C isn't adding the HST to gas. You know, the sad thing about this whole situation is that the folks in Ontario won't react until they see the price at the pump jump by 8% on July 1st, as well as their heating bill, hydro bill, water, etc.
Let's just hope it picks up speed so we're able to sign up 10% so we can hold a referendum. We only have 6 weeks until this bill becomes law so you and everyone you know has to sign this petition now and keep it going.

Your support is appreciated so please do not delete this message. Sign the petition and pass it on TODAY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HST Petition - FYI and action if you choose.

We need signatures of 10% of Ontario's population to call a referendum, please show your opposition to HST.

British Columbia is protesting every day to stop the HST in their province. Why aren't we? This is not a "done deal" as they'd love for us to believe. Please sign the petition and circulate widely! Forward it to all you contacts!!!

http://www.hstpetition.com/petition/sign.php

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Yea I know Scotto.

I'm surprised McGuinty hasn't had his brains blown out by now with all the crap he has pulled.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Got my cheque in the mail today, signed;
Dalton McGuinty, Premier of Ontario

Isn't that something like Harper and his gang were pulling, giving out big cheques (which is taxpayer's money) which their name on it?

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Typical for the gov. And will probably have to pay taxes on that money of ours they gave us which was already taxed to begin with.

All I got today was the property tax bill.

Top Bottom