Whitish Grey Spots on my Cars Windows

kelliott54

Feb 16, 2004
On beach blvd.
Hey Everyone,

I washed the car the other day (all 3) and noticed that there are some whitish grey spots on the windows all around my cars. I see this as an issue as they were not there the last time I washed the cars.

They dont come off with soap and warm water, Windex, Squigee...nothing I have found gets them out because they seem like they are burnt into the window. I have been told this might be a cause from the Factory('s) across the highway. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated, because my "project show car" is no longer that because of the glass...

P.S. If anyone else has this problem, or what looks like water spots that do not come off of the window please post in here so we can keep track and maybe someone can follow up with the factory('s) to have someone pay to replace the windows or clean them if possible. Thanks

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
You will have a heck of a time trying get to bottom of that.
Each industry will blame each other, but never them selves.

Take your car to a body shop and see if they have some idea to what it could be.
Go to show you, we have a lot of industry polluting the Beach, now the Port wants to add more.
Just what we need.

kelliott54

Feb 16, 2004
On beach blvd.
Well, I went to Apple Auto glass, and they said that it is not normal wear and tear for the glass (go figure). It is however normal in Hamilton because of the pollution issues, is there any way to get around this now? I dont want to replace the glass on my car every 6 months, nor do I want to paint and repaint it every 6 months.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The only way I see is to be able to prove what caused the problem and who was the culprit, this will be very difficult to prove,
I would like to know what is falling on our community that eats glass.

When I was a little snipper my dad had the same problem, do you have any trees that over hang your car. In our case it was a combination of acid in the atmosphere from stelco slag production settling on the leaves and when it rains it would fall on to the cars the only difference is that the whole car was covered and the beach strip it self , it was a all over ..now as a refinisher ,Have you tied napyha ? it wont hurt the cars finish any but it might take it off, if not the next strongest chemical would be enamel reducer but left to long on any painted surface may have a dulling effect, but you say its only on the glass so touch the paint should not be an issue,

Last edited:
Top Bottom