Yellow Jackets

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I have a nest that are going under the part that goes into the house to the main electrical box. I'm not sure if they are in the box on the inside since I can't climb stairs anymore. I haven't had any on the main floor flying around thank goodness. I was told by a friend not to use the nest spray and to use WD 40 instead since it's so close to the main box on the inside. I've enclosed a pic of where they are going in. Any other opinions on this mess?

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I wouldspray Hornet & Wasp killer spray at the enterance at night when it's dark. You don't have to spray inside so long as they come in contact when leaving the nest.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I have the nest killer spray. And I think I have one of these around if not I can go buy one. I can hang it on the handle on the side door which I don't use anyhow. And the door is fairly close to the hydro metre. And yes it's best to spray at night when all of them in the nest and in a calmer mode then.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...,+Disposable+Yellow+Jacket+Trap.jsp?locale=en

I do have other traps as well I have one in the rear yard but needs filling again and I did catch quite a few in it. They really like the soda pop I put in it.

Last edited:

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I had the landscaper spray the nests for me today. He knew of another nest that I didn't know about so he got both sprayed. Plus I set up the hornet trap as well. Let's hope it helps.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I sprayed again the other night when they were all in the nest but they are still entering the nest site. These are being a real pain to get rid of.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I have a feeling they are behind the main electrical panel on the inside of the house. And no way I can spray that area from the inside. I might have to wait till autumn time when they abandon the nest then spray again on the outside then seal it up.

Top Bottom