Falcons 2014

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It seems that Ireland went for a trip out of the box today, hopefully he will be found and returned to the box.

A picture from today of Ghent, thanks to PWGSC.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Ireland is back on the missing list and Ghent decided to go for his first flight yesterday morning. He ended up in the scaffolding being used on the skyway bridge project on the Hamilton side, so that was quite a distance for the first time.
I stopped in for a picture and meet some of the watchers, many had come in from Rochester NY to see how our new falcons were doing.

Attached is Ghent sitting on the scaffolding and he gave me a nice wave;

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I wonder if they will bring in some chicks for her. They have done that in the past when it was a failed nesting. And MadamX thought that was just great when they did.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Strange happenings happening at the downtown nest site. Surge got beat up with a new male that has taken over the nest site with MadamX. He is doing well in the hospital. When he is all better they aren't sure where to release him since he lost his position downtown. They don't know yet who the new male is. i wonder how the nesting will go this year since there is a new male.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Strange happenings happening at the downtown nest site. Surge got beat up with a new male that has taken over the nest site with MadamX. He is doing well in the hospital. When he is all better they aren't sure where to release him since he lost his position downtown. They don't know yet who the new male is. i wonder how the nesting will go this year since there is a new male.
Too bad for Surge, but that is the way it goes. Isn't Surge the falcon with one leg, would be hard to fend off another male with one claw.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I think it was Dundas that only has one leg. No idea what happened to Dundas. But yes that's nature for you.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I was just reading about the falcons at the bridge and this time it mentions Mackenzie's age. Hmm I had thought that him and Surge were from the same hatch but I guess not. Surge was 2 years older but they did come from the nest site though.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was just reading about the falcons at the bridge and this time it mentions Mackenzie's age. Hmm I had thought that him and Surge were from the same hatch but I guess not. Surge was 2 years older but they did come from the nest site though.
One of the falcon watchers (Sue McCreadie) started a blog a few years ago and had a very good list of all falcons that have been hatched or were parents, but I don't see that list right now, could be buried in the many posts.
http://pereginepatrol.blogspot.ca/

Top Bottom