Path Pictures

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Where is the picture with those mill ruins from? Is it someones private property?
I do not remember seeing it anywhere around.
I can only assume you mean here;

That is located near the old Hutch's area (Confederation Park) which is all parking now, it is the mini-putt located a short walk from the Trail on the west side of the parking lot.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
We had some very high winds out of the east last week which brought out many jet skis on the Hamilton and Burlington sides. The churned up water didn't make for very good pictures though;

A couple days later, a shot of the debris washed in from the storm;

A panel near on the Trail near Hutch's;

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I love the sign "The Way We Were"

I wonder when they took out the cable cars.

The amusement park sure was a hangout for my friends and myself on weekends. The good old days. :)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I love the sign "The Way We Were"

I wonder when they took out the cable cars.

The amusement park sure was a hangout for my friends and myself on weekends. The good old days. :)
I don't recall even seeing the cable cars in my younger days, so they had to of been removed in the early 60's, just a guess though.

I spent almost every day in the summer at the park, worked there for many summers.

Edit;

Checking one of Gary Evan's books, I see he mentions the "Skyliner" with a picture as being in service in 1966 and another picture of the from around 1960 shows nothing in the place behind the pool where the tables are located. Couldn't of been around for very long.

This one shows the pool and the lift together.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Does it say 1906 on that picture?
It reads;
From the early 1900's through the 1950's and 60's this area looked much different than it looks today. It was like a carnival. You could take a ride on the Skyliner high above the sandy beach, dip in the huge Lakeland Pool, swim in the lake, sunbathe on the beach and enjoy refreshments at the various lakeside establishments. Only Hutch's remains today, however in a different location.

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
Great photo's Scott
It did sadden me when I saw the one photo you have of the path where it splits apart by Mareve Ave. Forgot how beautiful that section once was.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Great photo's Scott
It did sadden me when I saw the one photo you have of the path where it splits apart by Mareve Ave. Forgot how beautiful that section once was.
Many thanks to Hydro1. The residents who built and took care of it were not too happy as well, when the path was being built these residents went through a lot of bargaining with the City just to keep that section of garden there, that is why there is a split in the walkway.

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
Went for a quick walk along the beach yesterday just as the clouds started to come in

Clouds came and a ray of sunshine shone down on the pier

Last edited:
Top Bottom