Path Pictures

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Not nice. I used to live on Windemere in Winona. My old house was on the news today getting swamped as usually only now the cottage is a 1.4 mil mansion that had 3 ft of water in it.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Not nice. I used to live on Windemere in Winona. My old house was on the news today getting swamped as usually only now the cottage is a 1.4 mil mansion that had 3 ft of water in it.
It was likely the article in the Stoney Creek news, some links over in the lake level thread.

http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/f...lan-2014-(High-Lake-Levels)&p=13685#post13685

Edit
Your old place was mentioned in the Spec today;

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8397074-surging-lake-ontario-worries-homeowners-in-stoney-creek/

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A couple from today before the incoming storm.

This bear caving is sitting beside a resident's house in the 500's, he told me a person use a chain saw to cut this out of an old telephone pole.

The Burlington waterfront as seen from the Beach Trail;

Last edited:

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
LOL, no special filter or lens were used, just my Black Berry phone. Soon I hope to have a digital camera that I have waited years for but not yet made in large quantity $$$$$ - its a price issue for me. But it looks like they will in be main stream production in another year or so we should see them. Cannon, Nikon..... all make them now, camera's with a 28 MP or higher is what I am after.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The camera I use is just 22 MP but I rarely have it set that high, for most of the pictures I use in here 8-12 MP will do just fine. Member Maggie uses an inexpensive point and shoot Sony which takes fantastic photos, many have been posted in here. Her moon photos which you have seen make my camera look bad.

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
currently own a Canon Powershot G7 and it does well for the everyday pictures. My old time favourite camera was a Nikon EM and it was one I loved and cost me a ton of money when I was young. I can remember sometimes that most of my Canadian Tire paychecks went to pay for all the pictures I took, LOL my dad was not impressed with my costly hobby.

Yes the photos posted here are fantastic and perhaps as I find more time, I will once again start to take up the hobby and post more often

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A couple from member Maggie

Fall colours near the Trail at Confederation Park

A new bench near CCIW.
The quote from the plaque;
"It's not about the work, it's the people I enjoy- Niki Kish

The tower near Killarney Ave was lite up for a movie shoot, I believe the title of the movie was Ransom.
0J4A7054a.JPG

Top Bottom