Vandelism

Jeanette

Oct 12, 2005
Hi Folks:
Did anyone in the Beach Community have any vandelism last nite?? (Sat., June 17). I had a planter full of flowers taken from my steps and thrown at the next door neighbour's driveway. The planter was broken and plants not in sight.
Let us know if you had any problems, because if you did it may be wise to contact the police so they would patrol the area more.
Thanks.
Jeanette.

Jeanette

Oct 12, 2005
Thank you

Thank you for your concern 'lil squirt' and yes I do work very hard and had to do without other things to be able to buy flowers for the front of my place. I really don't understand why people need to be destructive and I certainly haven't made any enemies here as I hardly know anyone.
Hopefully no-one else had any problems and will not have any.
Thanks again for your response.
Jeanette

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It is sad that things like that happen on the Beach, everyone should try to keep on eye on your neighbour's place when they can't. Also I seen last week that some moron painted the big rock at the gateway garden orange, the garden club put a huge effort into that garden to make our Beach look nice and when I see that, it burns my butt. :mad:

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Hi Jeanette,

I think you must be my neighbour =) My cousin came home late that night and found a smashed planter at the end of our driveway. We were wondering where it came from. As far as we know there was no plant in the planter which leads me to believe we have a plant stealer in our midst. 3 weeks or so ago when I moved a bunch of my hostas and whatnot over to the garden next to the sidewalk I had a couple plants stolen. Plucked right out of the garden the day after I had planted them! I couldn't believe it. I've been keeping my eyes open ever since.

I've heard of people stealing plants before, but I just find it so odd. It seems so strange to me that the kind of person who would want a pretty garden would be a thief. I guess I have an optimistic view of other gardeners.

Anyhow, be rest assured if I see or hear anyone doing anything like that I'll be chasing after them down the street with my garden shears :)

Everyone keep your eyes open!

Donna

Jeanette

Oct 12, 2005
Thanks for the reply Donna, and yes, we must be neighbours. You're the one who re-did all your gardens and did such a fabulous job. That's was a lot of hard work. I think that it must have been kids who did this to my planter and your plants, I just can't imagine that a sane adult would stoop so low.
Anyway, we'll all have to keep our eyes open.
Thanks again.
Jeanette

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
More Break-Ins

It seems we have some not so nice poeple down here, last week a house in the 900's was broken into while the owners were out and stole a lot of electronics and the ketchup from the frig.
Also there have been unknowns hanging around poeple's back yard via the Path, just waiting for home owners to leave.
Let's keep an eye on our neighbours when they are away and if you are out for extended periods of time, let someone close know so they can call if they see someone who shouldn't be there.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Sent in by a member, but didn't want their name used.

Hi Scotto, can you post this.
I just wanted to give the neighbourhood a heads up, on Friday night a group
of kids were seen stealing two bikes from Clare Avenue/Beach Blvd at
approximently 12:30 a.m..
There have been reports of other mischief taking place in our neighbourhood,
so be alert!!

One of the bikes was found on the Blvd, the theives did leave behind a youth
size mountain bike.

If you are missing your childs mountain bike forward an email, and be
prepared to identify it.
Thanks,

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
I live right around the store and the littering this year is more than triple it has been in years. Everyday we are picking up candy wrappers, pop cans, Cigarette packs, etc from our front lawn. The mischef is coming in all shapes and forms.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Another One Last Niight

This wasn't necessary, someone(s) broke into the Beach Rescue's main boat last night and made a real mess of it.
Much of the electronics (radios, GPS, depth finders) not stolen but damage beyond a workable state. All of their rescue equipment such as lifejackets, first aid kits, life lines, etc were thrown into the lake and ended at the bottom or scattered across the beach. If anyone knows who did this, contact the police or send me a PM.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
I just heard about this today.
That is beyond a little "fun".
Those men take their OWN time out to help people in need.
They raise their own money to buy the equipment.
Someone is going to need their help and they won't be able to help them due to this.

The front window, smashed out along with 2 others. Not to mention all their equipment. The repairs are going to cost ALOT of money.

I just hope this stunt doesn't cost someone their life.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
the plant stealer is at it again

Grr...someone stole one of my freshly planted plants again. I figure it must be someone who goes for walks around my house or something since a couple nights ago the exact same plant had been unearthed (almost caught in the act and took off maybe?). I thought of plant stealers and almost moved it, but I really wanted it where it was so I replanted it in the hopes an animal had knocked it out of it's spot. Then, I come home today and it's gone.

I'm torn between putting up a nasty note or planting some 'bait' plants with little invisible threads attached to them that when pulled, set off alarms =) Or, maybe I'll attach homing devices deep in the roots so I can track them down. hehe

I mean jeeze - I know it's just a plant, but it's the principle of the thing. I work hard for my money, I choose to spend it on plants to make the house/neighbourhood nicer, and look what I get. I've a mind to start prowling the beach looking for them.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Start planting Poison Ivy, that is sad that people can't spend the few bucks to buy their own plants.:mad:
The City is planting all kinds of very nice plants on the Woodward overpass and no one seems to be bothering them.

Jude

Apr 4, 2004
Beach strip
Hey Donka! I think you are my neighbour. I know this is going to sound funny but I think our culprits are bunny rabbits. I had bought some plants but hadnt gotten to the planting yet and I had set them in the backyard and found them in the bushes across the driveway 2 nights later lol. Still in the package they come in and with little teeth marks and road rash. We should set up a video and bait them to catch them in the act. :) Jude

Top Bottom